Copyright Image Request
Copyright Image Details
All images contained on this website are protected by copyright laws. By entering this website, you are agreeing to all terms and conditions of the copyright laws covering site photography. If you would like to use an image, permission must be requested from the State Preservation Board (SPB), and pre-payment for each image is required. Digital reproduction of any image in the State Preservation Board collections is prohibited unless special permission is granted.
Terms of Reproduction Permission
- Permission is generally granted for one-time, one-edition, one-language reproduction only, for the purposes expressly outlined in the agreement that must be signed and approved prior to distribution. Any subsequent re-use of the image(s) is forbidden without written permission from the SPB. If materials are to be used for a Web site, it must be noted on the agreement and the image watermarked with the SPB credit line.
- Prepayment is required. For a fees schedule, please send or fax a written request.
- Images must be reproduced in their entirety. Details are permitted with specific permission only. No guttering is allowed without special permission. Cropping, bleeding, or overprinting is not permitted. No reproduction on colored stock is allowed.
- All materials must be credited to the State Preservation Board, Austin, Texas, unless otherwise noted. If another agency owns the copyright, the requestor will be referred to them as appropriate.
- A complimentary copy of the publication containing SPB images must be sent, at no cost, to the SPB.
Please provide the following information when submitting a request.
- Name, address, and phone number of requestor.
- A list of the images with accession numbers (if possible) and the format desired (color or black and white).
- Also needed is information regarding the nature of the project for which the image is being requested, including (if applicable) title of publication, author, publisher, publication date, number of copies to be printed, distribution and deadlines.