Capitol Service Requests

The State Preservation Board is the building manager for the Texas Capitol and Capitol Extension. Building occupants may contact our service desk at 4.7777 from any non-cell telephone within the Capitol Complex or call 512.463.1251 from outside the Capitol Complex. Our facilities team is available to assist with any of the following requests:

  • Office temperature adjustments.
  • Lighting and office light bulbs.
  • Picture hanging on any wall in the Capitol.
  • Picture hanging for anything over 50 lbs in the Extension.
  • Office door signs.
  • Door hardware repair.
  • Pest control.
  • Electrical service.
  • Cable TV outlets.
  • TV wall mounting. (Extension only; not allowed in Capitol)
  • Office vacuuming.
  • Paper recycling containers.
  • Trash and paper recycling pick-up.
  • Plumbing.
  • Painting.

Housekeeping Services

Overnight office cleaning includes light dusting, vacuuming, and trash removal. Please be careful not to place anything on or in trash cans that are not trash.

Building Change Requests

Modifications to office plumbing, electrical or cable and telephone outlets, and hanging TVs require the submission of a Building Change Request Form. Requests should be submitted to the Secretary of the Senate or to the House Administration Committee for review. Once approved by either the Secretary of the Senate or House Administration, the State Preservation Board will review the requested change to assess the architectural impact and demands on the building systems. Officeholders are responsible for funding any approved office modification.

Facility Rentals