Confederate Soldiers Monument
- Confederate Soldiers Monument.
- Erected beginning in 1903 by surviving comrades.
- Base Designer: Frank Teich.
- Sculptor: Pompeo Coppini.
- Capitol Historical Artifact Collection, State Preservation Board.
Five bronze figures on a gray granite base represent the Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery and Navy with Confederate president Jefferson Davis in the center. The base includes a listing of Civil War (1861-1865) battles and the names of the thirteen states that withdrew from the Union, eleven of whom joined the Confederate States of America.